Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
Your Lifetime Peace of Mind
Pistons, piston rings, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing gears and timing chain, valves, valve springs, guides, oil pump, rocker arms, push rods, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts, cylinder heads. *The engine block and cylinder walls and sleeves are also covered if the mechanical failure is the direct result of the failure of a part covered by this policy.
(Automatic) Bearings, bushings, gear shafts, clutch plates and drums, oil pumps, servo units, rings, governor, torus units, torque converter, and valves. (Standard) Bearings, bushings, shafts and spacers, main drive gear, main shaft, synchronizing drum, second gear, low gear, reverse gear, and all other internal gears. No coverage is provided for any electrical component pertaining to the operation of any transmission. *The transmission case on both standard and automatic transmissions are also covered if mechanical failure was the direct result of the failure of a part covered by this policy. The odometer driven gear, manual transmission clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch release bearing and pilot bearing are not covered at any time or for any reason.
Transfer Case (4x4 Vehicles)
All internal parts of the transfer case. *The transfer case housing is also covered if mechanical failure was the direct result of the failure of a part covered by this policy.
Drive Axle Assembly and Drive Shaft
Ring gear and pinion gear, all bushings, bearings, spacers, spider gears, axle gears, and axle shafts, drive shaft; universal and constant velocity joints. *The drive axle assembly housing and drive shaft housing are covered if their mechanical failure was the direct result of the failure of a part covered by this policy.
Unlimited Miles / Unlimited Time / No Charge
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a promise Red River Chevrolet makes to you when you purchase a qualifying vehicle. For as long as you own your vehicle, if covered components break or fail, your repair cost is just $100 for each covered repair.
Does This Coverage Really Last for A Lifetime?
Yes. As long as you own the vehicle whether that is 5, 10, or 25 years, our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty will cover repairs for covered components as long as you own the vehicle.
What Does the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Cover?
Your Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the internal components of the engine, transmission, and some key components of your axle/drive train assemblies.
Am I Required to Regularly Maintain and Service My Vehicle? if So, how Often?
Yes. It is required that you service your vehicle per the vehicle’s manufacturer’s recommendations within 30 days or 1,000 miles of the specific factory recommended service. You will have a total of 60 days (30 before and 30 after) and 2,000 miles (1,000 before and 1,000 after). Any and all maintenance that influences or impacts covered components MUST be performed within this time frame described.
Where Do I Have to Maintain My Vehicle?
All maintenance must be performed at Red River Chevrolet
This policy does NOT provide coverage in the following circumstances or for the following reasons or for the following parts.
- Repairs to or replacement of any part not listed above.
- Replacement of or failure related to any seal or gasket.
- Any repairs or replacements not specifically authorized by LDS.
- Collision, accident, vandalism, neglect, abuse, fire, theft, lightning, windstorm, hail, flooding, malicious mischief, riot civil commotion, war or any other cause not connected with the normal use of the policyholder's covered vehicle.
- The replacement of normal maintenance items such as, but not limited to, any hoses or clamps, spark plugs, positive crankcase ventilator valve, filters, fluid, lubricants, oil, brake, and clutch linings.
- Towing fees & vehicle rental.
- Any repairs or replacements when the vehicle has been used to tow trailer(s) or carry loads with a weight in excess of that recommended by the manufacturer for a vehicle equipped as is the covered vehicle of this policyholder.
- Any repairs or replacements when the vehicle has been used in racing, acceleration trials, or any other type of competitive driving.
- Any repairs or replacements for vehicles which are used for transporting either persons and/or property for hire and vehicles which are used as pickup and/or delivery vehicles in such businesses such as grocery stores, drug stores, service stations, newspaper and/or mail delivery routes, "hotshot" service, or similar service uses. Police and emergency vehicles are ineligible for coverage.
- Any repair when the mechanical breakdown occurs OUTSIDE of the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii or Canada. Any repairs or replacement when any part or parts of the vehicle have been substituted for or modified with parts not considered as standard or optional equipment by the manufacturer of the vehicle. The use of tire sizes larger or smaller than those offered as optional equipment by the manufacturer of the vehicle at the time of sale will void the coverage provided by this policy.
- Any repairs or replacements covered by a factory warranty or a repairer's guarantee and repair or replacement of any part of assembly for which the manufacturer has announced as a recall program.
- Replacement of any fluid or lubricant (such as antifreeze, engine oil, transmission fluid, refrigerant gas and differential lubricant) unless such replacement was made necessary by the repair or replacement of a covered part.
- Engine repairs to any vehicle on which the emission system has been disconnected or in any way altered.
- Progressive reduction in the operating performance due to normal wear is not covered. This includes but is not limited to: (A) loss of engine compression which results in the need to repair valves or piston rings: (B) increase in oil consumption due to normal operation.
- Any work on a vehicle when the odometer in the covered vehicle has been "rolled back", tampered with, disconnected, or is inoperable.
- Any loss of time, loss of vehicle use, loss of profits or income, or any other consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss or damage to person or property resulting from the failure of any part covered by this policy.
- Contamination of or foreign matter in either the fuel, lubrication, cooling or hydraulic system; also, damage caused by or related to sludge and/or carbon deposits.
- Additional damages caused due to driver's continued operation of the vehicle after a mechanical failure has occurred.
- Damage caused by the lack of proper and necessary amounts of oil, lubricant, coolant or other fluids. Also, damage caused by your failure to perform required services or caused by improper servicing. The covered vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations for time and mileage intervals. It is the policy holder's responsibility to keep all service receipts showing dates and mileage intervals, including paid parts receipts for services performed by the policy holder.
- Any part which has not failed. (To be covered, a part must have failed under normal operating conditions.)
- Damage caused by any NON-COVERED part or component.
- The policy holder is responsible for authorization of any teardown or diagnostic procedures. Should the repair not be covered by this policy, any charges associated with with teardown or diagnosis will be the policy holder's responsibility.